The BBL range of Non sparking Ex (n) Type "MN" motors are from 0.12 Kw ( Frame 63) to 160 Kw ( Frame 315M). Motors are also offered in multi speed and non standard outputs / voltages / frequencies. Non sparking energy efficient motors are also available. These motors can be used in Zone 2 areas as per IS 5572 and VDE 0165.Click here to download Manual
Type of protection 'n' provides protection against auto-ignition of surrounding gases/vapours. These motors conform to IS: 8289 & IS: 9628 and can be used in zone 2 areas. The special features of motors with type 'n' protection are
- The surface temperature does not exceed 200°C i.e. Temperature class T3.
- The Terminal Box has degree of protection IP55.
- A drain plug is provided on the end shields to remove condensed water.
- The terminal plate is of a special design such that the terminals are protected against loosening under vibrations.
- The radial air gap of the motors is such that the minimum air gap values specified in IS: 6381 are fully satisfied.